Do you look after someone?
Do you need time to go shopping, or to simply have a break – and have peace of mind that the person you care for is being safely looked after at home?
If so, then please read on…
Because the caring role can be very stressful, carers might appreciate short spells away from their caring responsibilities.
This not only gives them time to get essential jobs completed, but also enables them to have time to themselves to enjoy 2 – 3 hours away from the home to avoid becoming too overloaded and unable to cope.
Our Sitting Service may prove very helpful to you and the person you care for.
A sitter will undertake non-medical tasks as negotiated with the carer to meet the care receivers individual needs.
These may include:
- Going for a walk or shopping
- Preparing simple snacks meals and making drinks
- Ensuring a safe environment keeping safe those who need constant supervision
- Supporting a person with their leisure interests
- Being a companion and offering conversation
- Assisting people to the toilet, if required
- Price £12.50 per hour